[ ]

Transgender man swaps Kim Kardashian body for beard

SHARE

Max Brown will be the first to tell you that he had been a beautiful girl.
Tall and blonde with a 'Kim Kardashian body', as he dubbed it, Max, from NSW, Australia, was regularly complimented on his attractiveness as a
woman.
But they were looks he never truly felt like he owned.
That's because, from the age of three, Max knew he didn't identify as a female, he told Daily Mail Australia.


Max Brown, 20, knew when he was three years old that he did not identify as a female. But he revealed he was scared to transition because of how much attention he received for his looks

'I was like, where's my penis?' the 20-year-old joked.
This was before the internet and so, for years, Max didn't have a word to describe his feelings.
'The emotions were very negative, because you have to really suppress it in order to survive,' he said.


Max said he was frequently complimented on his blonde hair and attractiveness. He was scared no one would ever desire him again if he began to transition

But is has been a long journey for the New South Wales native, who suppressed the negative emotions he felt toward his body for years 'in order to survive'
'But I looked at myself and thought, that's not me.'

Then one night Max dreamed he had died, and that everyone at his funeral thought of him as a woman.

'They were calling me by my old name, they were calling me "she"', he said.
'It haunted me that they said "she had a good life". I did not sit well with the fact that I would die and people would think I was a female.'

That was the push that Max needed to finally decide it was time to transition.
With the support of an 'amazing partner', Max came out to his family and friends in January 2016 and started taking testosterone four months later.  
Although there have been plenty of obstacles on Max's journey, he said he is slowly learning to stop the self-hate that used to haunt him.

'You can become so overcome with hating yourself for something that isn't your fault,' he said. 
'It's a mental game, you think that no one can love you - but you have to tell yourself that's not true and you have to make yourself believe it.' 

'It's made me much stronger as a person,' Max added. 
'I feel like trans isn't a weakness at all, it's my biggest strength.'  
SHARE

Author: verified_user