[ ]

Emma Thompson Reveals Surprise Date Invitation

SHARE

ACTRESS and activist Emma Thompson has disclosed that, the present United States, Donald Trump has once asked her on a date long before he became president   .

“I was doing a film called Primary Colors with John Travolta in Hollywood and I was in my trailer and it was on the Universal lot,” Thompson said of the encounter, which happened in the mid Nineties, during an appearance on Swedish news outlet SVT. “I had just been divorced and my decree absolute has just come through, like, the day before.”

“So the phone rings in my trailer, which it has never done before. I look at it and it’s, like, weird. I lift up the phone. ‘Hi, it’s Donald Trump here,’" she continued, impersonating his voice. "I said, ‘Really? Can I help you?’ and he said, ‘Yeah, I just you know, I wondered if I could offer you some accommodation in one of my Trump Towers. They’re really comfortable.’”

While the Oscar-winning actress was initially confused by the phone call, the now president went on to make his intentions clearer.

“Well, you know, I think we would get on very well,” she recalled Trump telling her. “Maybe we could have dinner sometime.”


Revealing her surprise at the offer, Thompson recounted her reply: “Okay, well I’ll get back to you! Thank you so much for ringing.” Whilst she never took him up on the invitation, she confessed a regret at the decision.

“I wish I had! Think of the stories," she laughed.
SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: